Friday, February 01, 2008

We are in Hanoi!

After a morning, actually an entire day of being quite nauseous (no, I am not pregnant!), Gemma puking in the car on the way to the airport and a horrible turbulence we have made it to Hanoi. I guess we aren't too surprised, but it is freezing here! I was shocked to read that Hanoi actually does have a winter. I assumed the entire country was tropical. We had about a 1 1/2 hour drive from the airport due to rush hour, the upcoming Tet Festival, and more motorbikes that you can imagine. We check into the hotel and I am having second thoughts about my choice in holiday. I think the saddest thing about this is that I haven't been able to eat anything all day and I am in Vietnam with all of their yummy cuisine! I hope I am better tomorrow! I just can't imagine eating anything right now which is extremely out of character for me!!!

On the brighter side of things we were warmly greeted by the staff of our hotel the Hanoi Elegance 3, which is located in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. I am very happy to have free wireless plus a heater in the room. I am looking forward to some sleep and hoping for a better tummy tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your feeling better tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pictures. ~Tracy