Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 49: Back to China

We woke up and headed to Heathrow airport my most favorite airport in the world, NOT!!! Jonny dropped me and the kids off at the curb and we headed in to check in. We were flying Virgin Atlantic back to China and I had heard mixed reviews of their China flight. We got up to the counter and I asked them what their luggage allowance was and they told me 40 kg a person. I figures from our luggage problem in Belfast that we were over by about 15kg or so and figured that they would charge less for baggage overage. By the time we got up to the counter to check in they told us that it was $80 US per kg a bag for a grand total of over $1200 US. I about died! I was not about to pay that kind of money to get my luggage back to China. They told us there was an alternative way to ship the bag back, so we headed over there where they charged us about $400 US for the extra baggage, but would take an additional 7-10 days. Before we actually checked the bag through security with that shipping company we decided we needed to speak to a supervisor at Virgin. Jonny gave the woman our sob story and also mentioned that we heard the flight was empty, which it was, and she waived the extra luggage fee. Now if BMI could have been so nice!

No comments: