Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Day 10 - Surfers Paradise

surfers_paradise_view_1

View from our room

We arrived in Surfers Paradise around 12 pm on Monday. My first impression was that it was very like Florida, but with a Vegas flare. It is an extremely touristy city with the whole country of Japan visiting at the present time.

I cannot believe how yummy the food has been since we have been here. We had a lovely Indian lunch and the kids devoured their mango chicken, basmati rice and naan bread. We checked into our hotel, which seems to be in the middle of Surfers Paradise and hit the beach. The ocean is definitely a bit rougher here than in Byron Bay. I am kind of a chicken in the sea, no pun intended. I went out and tried to swim up the waves, but I was too nervous of a swimmer. It was a lot of fun though as the waves were huge and very powerful.

gemma_beach_1


angus_beach_1


We had dinner at Kitty O'Sheas which was an Irish Bar. Since we have been here I swear we have seen a 100 Irish bars. We even met two guys who were on holiday from Northern Ireland, very close to where Jonny grew up. I swear the Irish are everywhere!

We got the kids back to the hotel and prepared them for a good rest because we were taking them to Dreamworld the next day. I don't know who was more excited, the kids or us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Looking forward to pictures soon...