Sunday, April 15, 2007

3 Nights in Bangkok!

gemma_angus_bangkok_1

The kids and I headed to Bangkok for my first trip solo trip with them. I really wanted to prove to myself I could handle this experience. We stayed at the Intercontinental Bangkok which is in the heart of the shopping district and very convenient to most everything we needed. We arrived on Friday evening and the kids were very excited to be back in Thailand. We checked into our hotel and headed out for quick snack before bed time.

For the next 3 days we pretty much repeated the same routine of breakfast at the hotel, swimming, shopping, and lots of eating in between. The kids had an absolute ball in the pool, which was on the roof with an excellent view of the city. I was able to scout out my shopping trip as I could see all of the big shopping center from the view. Unfortunately traveling by yourself makes it really hard to take any pictures. I only have the above picture of the kids getting ready to go swimming.

I was able to get a little shopping done. The mall we were shopping at the first day had an aquarium in the bottom floor, so after a little shopping and lunch I took the kids there to have some fun. It was really incredible as there were all sorts of sea creatures, lots of different shows going on, and a children's play area. I also attempted to take the kids to the Chatuchak Market a.k.a. Week-end Market, but after 1/2 hour in 100 degree, 100% humidity we decided that it really wasn't worth it.

Probably the highlight of our week-end for both me and the kids was the food in Bangkok. There are so many choices, but of course my choice for us on most every occasion was Thai food. The Thai food there is just incredible and full of amazing flavor! I decided I have a new favorite dessert, Mango and Sticky Rice! The mangos in Thailand are like no other I have ever had. By the end of the vacation Gemma was saying "Mango and Sticky Rice makes Mommy happy!" Indeed it does!


I would have to say our week-end in Bangkok was a success!

No comments: