Saturday, July 15, 2006

Day 4: More Friends!

Today was my first night to sleep through the night since landing on Monday. I went to bed late and woke up around 8 am. I am totally exhausted right now, so excuse me if I mistype or don't make much sense.

Today my friends Sandee, Brooke, and Jack made their way down to our resort for some swimming and lunch. The kids had a ball in the pool, but Angus just wanted to keep getting out and run all over the place. It was very hot so we didn't stay out too long, but it sure was nice to be under the beautiful blue sky and hot sun! It was so great to see the Streech/Adams family. I was lucky enough to meet up with them in January when I was back briefly and then again today. Jack has grown into a handsome young boy and is so mild mannered (unlike some boys I know!). It was fun to have the boys together again especially now that they are on their feet and toddling around!

We had a great lunch in the Ko-Sin restaurant at the hotel. I have to say that the service at the hotel lobby bar and Ko-Sin restaurant are not very good at all, but the food is really nice. We have ate breakfast here twice and it was so tasty both times. They add such a great Southwestern flair to their food, something I have really missed! We managed to make it through lunch with only 2 glasses of water being spilled on the table (guess whose kids did that?).

After they left I got a bit organized with something I need to do for the house while I am back and then we headed to Jill's house to return her daughter Peyton. We headed to the gym for a little work-out and the kids were able to play in the childcare. It has been such a nice break to have the gym childcare to give me a 2 hour break from the kids. It has been good being a full time single parent on, but I can see burn out approaching soon!

We finished up at the gym and went to our house to check on our dogs. I made the decision about my beloved 17 year old dog Rodger. He had been sick last month and he now is not making it to the bathroom and going to the bathroom in his bed. I am going to schedule him next week to have him put to sleep. Jonny had encouraged me to do so, but after seeing him I believe it is the best choice for him. He has lived a long life and we may have added 7 years to his life (his previous owner got rid of him at 10 years). I don't know how it is going to go as I have never done something like this before, but I hope is is painless.

After our visit with the dogs we headed to Jill's house for a little NYPD Pizza. We went back to the hotel and I was able to get the kids to bed a little bit ago. I am not far behind them! We are really looking forward to tomorrow because the Barkat's are having a big party for their little girl Tatum's 1st birthday party! Should be fun! They will have Pina Colada machine hired which I plan on manning most of the day (oh yeah, did I tell you that Jill???).


potusol said...

I'm so sorry about your dog. It's one of the hardest things to do but sometimes you just have to be the big person and make the humane decision. 17 years is a long time and the way they euthanize animals is very simple and painless these days.

On a happier note I'm glad you're enjoying being home. Sounds like you guys are having fun (well except for the van thing).

: )

Annie said...

Kim, I'm so sorry to hear about Rodger. I think you're right though, and 17 is a good number of years. First Regional has a separate room for euthanasia, so that the family can have privacy and it doesn't look like a hospital environment.