Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day 8-10: Doctor, Doctor!

dora

We have had a really busy week running around to see all of our doctors while we are in the U.S. Gemma and I went to the Dentist for Gemma's first ever dentist appointment and a cleaning for me. Gemma had a great time at the dentist and was so mature about her visit. I have to say it really didn't have anything to do with me giving her a pep talk before the appointment. We had bought a book earlier in the year called Show Me Your Smile: A Visit to the Dentist and she kept refer to it throughout the appointment without me mentioning the book at all. Gemma has a incredible memory and she just referred to everything that was going on during the visit for example, Dora had pictures of her teeth, Dora got a new toothbrush and stickers, etc. I highly recommend this book if you haven't taken your little one to the dentist yet.

Angus had to go to his Pediatric Urologist to read the results of his tests and the news was good. He doesn't have to be on medication any longer and he has outgrown is kidney reflux. Dr. Bailey, his doctor has two sons who are currently studying in Beijing and we exchanged China stories. He is a great doctor and such a great guy! If you kids ever need a pediatric Urologist, he is your man!

After Angus' appointment we headed to my GP's office for a physical. I learned that because there is not a history of breast cancer in my family, I don't have to have a mammogram for 4 more years. I was pretty happy about that because I don't have much to mammogram and I heard the less you have the more painful it is.

Wednesday we headed to the eye doctors office which is always nice because our eye doctor and his wife are friends of ours. The appointment was a bit stressful because Angus was in to everything and there were so many gadgets for him to get into in the office. My eyes checked out really good and seemed to improved over the past year.

Gemma and Angus had their pediatrician appointment on Wednesday. They both had lots of shots to get since they missed their 4 and 1 year old appointment this past year. Gemma had actually looked forward to her shots because she doesn't think they hurt. She got her first shot and she was fine until Angus bit her in the knee. Poor Gemma screamed for the next 1/2 hour accompanied by Angus' screams after his shots. Talk about a fabulous ride back to the gym.

Wednesday night we had dinner at the Barkat's house and after dinner Tatum opened her gift. Here are the kids checking out one of Tatum's new gifts.

tatum's_b-day_1

gemma_tatum's_b-day_1

Gemma striking a pose.

angus_tatum's_b-day_1

Angus' sitting on one of Tatum's gift before it is out of the box.

Thursday was a great day. I had a babysitter for the afternoon and I was able to go to my OB-GYN appointment in peace. I think this is actually the first time I have went to this type of appointment since I have had children without one or both of them. I finished up with the doctor and was able to do a little shopping and enjoyed a little lunch by myself at AJ's.

I also had a babysitter for the evening and was able to go to dinner with my friend Hallie. We were planning on having sushi, but we couldn't find the place that we were looking for and ended up at the Havana Cafe. I had heard from Jill that this was a wonderful place and she wasn't wrong. We had the most incredible mojitos (my most favorite cocktail!), black bean fritters with avocado dip, chicken with a spicy mango sauce and the scrummiest chocolate bread pudding. I would have to say my favorite part of the meal was the mojitos and bread pudding. The bread pudding had cinnamon chips in it which I think made the pudding. I highly recommend this tasty place.

kim_hallie_1

Me and Hallie

2 comments:

potusol said...

I LOVE Havana Cafe. They have these great dinner packages that you can grab for takeaway (including bread pudding). Sounds like you guys are having fun, well except for all those doctor visits (yuck). I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. They're all growing up so fast.

: )

Cacti to Cornfields said...

I LOVE mojitos. Gotta be careful with those things, though... or before you know it.... BAM!